Thursday, November 16, 2017

sending peace and joy!

hello and happy day!
it's a busy week on my blog, and today is no different!
I've got this cute, serene card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog today!


I really LOVE how this came out! and I'm totally not into mass producing holiday cards, but I'm seriously tempted with this one! it's just SO pretty!

I started by doing the 'rock and roll technique' with my Distress Oxide inks in Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron with the sweet, watercolor-vibey trees from Whispering Pines! *swoon* so pretty!
then I added some blues to the 'sky' by blending some Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass Distress ink right on top! SO pretty! I finished the background by flicking on some watered down white acrylic paint for the 'snow'!


I colored the fox from Fox Hollow with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, then fussy cut him out and popped him up over the scene! 
the sentiment is from the new Sentiments of the Season set, which I stamped in a rich black!
I finished off the card with some light blue sequins and then added it to the card front! 

I hope this inspired you to combine old and new sets for a super new look on your cards! and don't forget to head over to the Newton's Nook Designs blog for all of the latest and greatest information!
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable Samantha, awesome coloring with the clean brush markers... Love all of the white space

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D