Thursday, October 26, 2017

a decorated envelope!

hello and happy Thursday!
today I have a project up on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog and it's super fun, if I do say so, myself. :) it's my first time trying to decorate an envelope and I love it!! 
here's a little peek:




I started by using a premade envelope! (I don't have an envelope maker! lol!)

I stamped my critter images and the stars in black ink. then I stamped the critter images onto some removeable paper (like post it notes, post it paper, masking paper, etc) and fussy cut those images out, and stuck them completely on top of the stamped images on my envelope. 
I also created a rectangular mask the same way (to leave room for the address!).

once the masks were in place, I used Distress Oxide Inks in Lucky Clover, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans and Black soon! I just did some light ink blending! Oxide inks really make it SO EASY to ink blend! 
then I splattered water and white acrylic ink onto my background to add some more 'stars'! 


once the background was completely finished, I removed my masks and colored in my little foxes! so easy, and so pretty!! I can't wait to get this in the mail to someone special!! 

love it!!
ack!! those stars and the cute, cute critters!! so much cute! head on over to the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog to check it out too!
enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This is sooo awesome!! Really! Whoever receives this is very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love this!! I have this set and you have given me some inspiration. Would love to watch a video if you ever create one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, love the background and colors.... Sweet envelope

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like be the it. Yes wish I was brave enough to try that. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D