Sunday, September 17, 2017

a little trio of awesome

hello and happy weekend!
today i'm just popping in to share a fun layout I created for the latest Altenew Sketch Challenge! 



I used papers and embellishments from the amazing Reflections Scrapbook Kit! can't get enough! PLUS it gives me an excuse to flower up some layouts of my little menn! ha! sorry guys!



awww, love it!

I don't usually do yellow and reds together, but I was inspired by the BEAUTIFUL roses from one of the patterned papers! so I fussy cut up a bunch, and then used them as embellishments on my layout! 




i used white gesso onto the background of that gorgeous woodgrain paper, and then once it was dry, I added some yellow Distress Ink (Mustard Seed) using the packaging techinique!



I stitched on the title, then embellished with chipboards and wood enamel buttons! LOVE this kit, did I mention that?! I finished it off with some black splatters

and just like that, I have those fun photos of my little Menn and I on Valentine's Day this year! love it! and that littlest guys' face...i can't even!! clearly he's the coolest! ha! :)

fun fact, i don't usually use these colors, (or florals!!) in my scrapbooking! with two little Menn at home, there isn't much occasion! ha! but i LOOOOOOOVE that i can stretch my kit and push myself out of my comfort zone to create pages like this! :D

every month i'm always impatiendly waiting to PLAY ALONG!! Ha ha ha!! I hope it brought a smile to your face and brightened your day! :)

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D