Saturday, August 19, 2017

just me and my menn!

hello and happy weekend!
today i'm just popping in to share a fun layout I created for the latest Altenew Sketch Challenge! 


I used papers and embellishments from the amazing Reflections Scrapbook Kit and a picture of my and my little Menn on Mother's Day this year, actually!


awww, love it!
I used that awesome text-y background paper and then painted on a layer of white gesso in a circular shape! Once it was dry, I stitched some circles with my sewing machine and then started embellishing!


Some of the cardstock stickers and papers are layered behind my photo! A lot of the wood buttons (MY FAVORITE!!) are sprinkled around the circle, along with those acetate butterflies that I stitched on and various other stickers and chipboard pieces!! I am in LOOOOOVE with how this came out!


I also used a star stencil and some white embossing paste to add some texture around the circle, too! But it's SO HARD to see that in the photos! I'm sorry!

I was honored to win the last sketch challenge, so I won't win this time, but I JUST HAD TO PLAY ALONG!! Ha ha ha!! I hope it brought a smile to your face and brightened your day! :)
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Arts and Crafts activities provide a creative outlet for individuals of all ages, allowing them to explore their artistic talents and imagination while producing unique handmade creations. Engaging in arts and crafts can be a fulfilling and therapeutic hobby that promotes self-expression and artistic development.

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D