Tuesday, April 9, 2013

you're swell

i LOVE mama elephant stamps - and i LOVE when they have a challenge up!! :) here's the sketch this month:

i was in FL last week visiting my parents and so i was away from my supplies and didn't craft one single bit the whole time!! 7 days!!! it was awful! lol! :)
but that's ok! i made up for it yesterday! :) 

here's the card i created for the challenge:


i used two ME stamp sets: midnight letters and cosmic stars! :)
i fussy cut out the fish and popped them up, then added a little glitter to their fins! :) 
the side has some layered washi all dressed up with sequin bubbles! :) yahoo! i love the shine of the sequins and glitter! ha ha!


i used a black base for my card - that is totally out of my norm. i'm usually white cardstock all the way (with a little kraft splattered in here and there, of course!). so i thought it would totally rock the black background since the sentiment is so black and so bold! :) ha ha!

not bad for my first card back in the saddle! ha ha! :)
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love the black card base! The sequins, patterned strips and those adorable fishies are the bomb! I love the scene and think you rocked the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZINGLY cute card, Samantha!! I love the little gold detail on the fins, so cute! So cute! Thanks for playing along in the Mama Elephant challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D