Tuesday, March 5, 2013

chin up buttercup

totally, totally excited that mama elephant is having another challenge! and this one is a sketch challenge! yes! love those!



i am also entering this into the moxie fab washi tape challenge! i used their 'say what' and 'good times' stamp sets for my card...which i am in LOVE with! lol! 



first i sprayed some heidi swapp color shine onto some white cardstock. and it does shine, it's awesome! i was going for sun - and i think it's on!

then i added some really fun washi which i flanked with some sequins and pearls. ok, now we're getting out there, but it's supposed to be rainbow/cloud thing happening there. see it? eh, maybe not. but that was the intent! i stamped the sentiment right onto the cloud washi. which, can we talk about that sentiment for a minute...LOVE the flourish of the 'b'. 



to finish it off, i stamped the little people from 'good times' in the bottom. i tried to resist...but i just couldn't. i LOVE those little stick people. too cute!

so that's it! now that my little menn and i are starting to feel better...i'm hoping to get back at it and inky. being sick really cramped my style.
enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I saw some Heidi Swapp misters at my LSS and I was debating on whether I should get it... now that I saw your background and the ombre effect, I must get it! Beautiful card!

    As for your question on my card, yes the bird was trimmed, and insides cut and popped up with foam tape :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH! LOOOOOOOOOVE the shine on this card! LOVE LOVE LOVE those washi tapes! WOW-- you nailed this sketch! LOVE those sequins too!! I'm glad you are feeling better!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on, let me get my sunglasses.... hehe jk, this is awesome, Samantha!! love the gold (damn do I love the gold!) and the sequins!!! Thanks for playing along with ME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is adorable!! I love the rainbow in the sky! And that background is so, so cute! Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the design and the shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! The scattered bling is perfect and the sentiment is a stunner with that loopy 'b'. Great design Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Samantha! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in for all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D