Tuesday, September 28, 2010

i got sketchy

alright, i haven't made that many halloween cards - mostly i just made autumn cards (if that!), so i thought i'd try my hand at an actually halloween card for the new challenge at get sketchy! as soon as i saw the latest sketch, i had a great idea! check it out, here's the sketch:



and here's my card:



i loosely interpreted the card...you know me and my interpretive-tendencies! anyway, i had this big bag of different shaped google eyes that danielle at girlracer scrap had given me for my birthday, so i was finally able to use some of them!



i wanted this card to be halloween-y, but not over the top. i also wanted it to be sort of girly, so i added the pink hearts, and made the sentiment in pink. i really like the color combination of pinks, black and white anyway, so it fits i think! i used my white ribbon to create the mummy's wrap.

anyway, there it is, an official halloween card by sam. :)
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. EEEk! This is adorable!! I LOVE the googlie eyes and the mummy concept is soooo fun! Great job with that sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!!! What a great card with a great interpretation on the sketch! Thanks for sharing such a great idea! =)

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D